Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Snuggle Worth Saving!

Second day of school for my little man. He is so excited to be going to this new private school, and frankly so are we. We've waited 2 long years to be able to do this. (Again, I will be posting additional details about this later.) And luckily my daughters weren't too grumpy this morning. Off to school we went, and then it hit me on the drive back that today was the last "free summer movie" at the local theatre. Oh what a special treat, just us girls! Back to the house we went for breakfast and a quick pack of some snacks and soon we were pulling into the parking lot. "Ov*r Th* H*dge" was playing and granted we've seen it a thousand times (one of many in our collection of home dvd's), it still was a moment we could spend together, and not to mention it's always different on the big screen. I began to worry slightly, as I realized just how much I depend on Justin. He's the one that will hold Kailyn's hand as we cross the street while I have Asilyn's hand and our "luggage". He's the one that runs off to find 2 childseats for the dreaded foldup theatre chairs since carrying so many things at once plus managing 2 little ones in a sea of at least a hundred people is no easy task. Such a big helper he is! Luckily though, my oldest daughter, Asilyn, surprisingly picked up the slack. She quickly realized the same thing as we set off across the street, and grabbed Kailyn's hand... our little train of three. She realized as I stood in line to surprise them with a treat of popcorn/candy/drink meals that my hands were going to be extremely full with the added items, and quickly grabbed up 2 seats as we passed by. I was fully prepared to make 2 trips. Thank God, the theatre was actually pretty quiet, I assume because most children were back to school like my Justin. We ended up making that second trip because somebody (one guess) had to potty as soon as our hindends were settled in our seats. :) Quite alright as we were early anyway!

But it occured to me, as the movie was nearing it's end and I found that both girls (one on either side of me) were tightly clinging to my arm and resting their heads on me, that no matter how stressful the "getting there" may be, as long as we got there and enjoyed yet another memory, it was all a snuggle worth saving! I quietly lifted the armrests dividing us all, and slipped my arms around each of my babies, who are getting so big, and fought back the prideful tear that threatened to fall... everything that I have been through in my lifetime, every heartache, every pain, every trial, if it meant bringing me to this moment in time right now, then it all was worth it. I have said it time and time again, I love my life. There is nothing that I could want for more than what I already have been blessed with. And with that, I leave you, hoping that you, too, will realize that God has led you down your own specific road of heartache, pain and trials to bring you to this very moment. That had it not been for those moments, quite possibly, you would appreciate what you do have a bit less. I pray for those of you in the heartache, unable to see the clear direction, to understand where all this leads, that you will have the faith to know it will lead you somewhere, to a point when you can look back as I have and say, "I'd do it all over again if it meant right now."

Until another moment...

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment